I’m looking to take a trip – anywhere is fine. But after the Racing Winds experience in Boston, I’d love to go to another race somewhere – but with Volvo starting back up in late 2011, and the America’s Cup not coming back around until 2013, it’s a long way off.
So I ask you – where should I go next? I’m looking for a regatta or offshore sailing event where I could work as media for a long weekend, or even more.
If you’ve got a suggestion, let us know! If we select your entry, then you may be in for a special treat. Here’s the criteria:
- Must be in the United States – Hawaii and Alaska are OK, so long as no tribal rituals are required for entry.
- Must be a sailing race or regatta with a definitive boat class (or two or three) present, and there must be able to be a clear winner at the end of the event.
- Must have a media accreditation / press boat of sorts. I’ve gotta be able to fly or drive out there, and get out on the water to take pictures and videos.
- Preferably, it’s near a major airport or roadway. Look, I know Canyon Ferry Lake near Helena, Montana, might be a fun place to sail, but how am I going to get there?
- Must have some kind of lodging nearby.
If you come up with anything, kindly e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll review your entry and see if it’s worth going. Please include as much information as possible, including a website, address, and sponsoring organization for your event.
Look forward to hearing from you!