Baltimore, MD – 11 August 2011
After evaluating the way we distribute media, we have decided to make some changes. Due to the limited time of the author of the Racing Winds Blog, we rely on our trusted sailing outlets to release information that we can then share with our subscribers. This information comes in the form of media releases from sailing events, such as the Volvo Ocean Race, the Clipper Round the World Race, and the 34th America’s Cup.
These news releases are often reposted on our blog, as well as tweeted via direct link to our OfficialWinds Twitter feed. This ensures that users are able to see this content. While this produces a consistent and efficient flow of information, it is a very redundant way to publish things, and often results in the same content being published two or three times, each with different links.
This also results in very limited original content. So, we are implementing a new publishing plan today that will ensure consistent distribution as well as a new influx of original content.
- OfficialWinds Integration Our Twitter feed @OfficialWinds is linked to sailing news feeds from top trusted organizations, and publishes content automatically when it is released. This will be a go-to source for information that is happening in real time, as links will be pushed out as soon as the information is reported from the publishing outlet. Follow @OfficialWinds for the top sailing news as it happens.
- Weekly Roundup (begins 8/14) At the end of each week, we will put together a roundup of stories, pictures, and videos that were popular from the week.
- Additional Blog Staff We are currently looking for a writer with sailing experience/knowledge who can help us produce original content for this blog. Contact email@example.com if interested.
- Enhanced Visibility New Content Center link on Racing Winds website to show matrix of all the places that users can find content on Racing Winds.
- Media Packs Media outlets wishing to find out more about Racing Winds can request a media pack containing information and swag at this link.
- Dedicated Comments / Feedback Communication If you have comments or questions, you can quickly navigate to the Racing Winds contact page to find the appropriate department. For website and/or blog queries, please call (305) 692-0772 x513. For general queries, please call (305) 692-0772 x333. Email us for anything at firstname.lastname@example.org