2012 was without a doubt a fantastic year for the blog, our best yet. We did awesome things, met awesome people, and had tons of fun living the sailing / travel life. Let’s take a look at some of the awesomeness that happened this year:
We’re going to fast-forward to May, because summer is always more awesome (and that’s when we started doing cool things).
1. Boeing’s 787 came to Washington
… and she’s a beauty. (check out more photos here)
2. We went to the Volvo Ocean Race in Miami
… and sailed on Volvo Open 70s. Twice. (more on our Miami adventures here)
3. Lufthansa’s Boeing 747-8 flew its first flight
… and we were in Washington to meet it. (more on that right here)
4. We went to Spain
… and were considering never coming home.
5. … then vacationed in Cape Cod
… where we walked the flats, ate fried clams, and reveled in the sunlight. (more on those adventures here)
6. The summer wound down with another 787
… this one belonging to Ethiopian Airlines. (read all about that here)
7. Things got quiet as school got going, until Thanksgiving
… where we splashed orange paint everywhere filming a music video for local artist Little Bird.
8. We rounded out the year with another visit from Lufthansa’s 747-8
… this time in Los Angeles. We have a weird (potentially unhealthy) obsession with this plane.
Numbers and Info
- We’ve got a truly global audience. This year, visitors came from 145 countries. The bulk of the visitors came from the United States, Canada, Brazil, Russia, Hong Kong, and the European continent.
- Sailing and travel are equally important. A year or so ago, we made the choice to combine sailing and travel blogs into the Racing Winds Blog. It was sort of a risky move, and we didn’t know how it would go down. Stats show, though, that both topics are equally popular on the blog, and there’s even some crossover between the two genres.
And that’s our roundup. Here’s to a 2013 filled with adventures and awesomeness, from our family to yours.