The 2013 edition of the ISAF Youth Worlds sailing championship kicks off July 13, on the southern coast of Cyprus in Limassol. Located on the beautiful Mediterranean, Limassol provides an ideal location for this edition of the ISAF championships. Youth sailors from all over the world will take part in a handful of events, including men’s and women’s Club 420, RS:X, and Laser radial events. 29er and Sirena SL16 events are sailed co-ed.
The United States has entries in all events, and will be sending three coaches to Cyprus. National entries are as follows:
- RS:X windsurfing event: Maximo Nores, of Miami, Florida (m), and Marion Lepert, of San Francisco, California (f).
- Laser radial event: Addison Hackstaff of St. Petersburg, Florida (m), Haddon Hughes of Houston, Texas (f), and Sofia Mascia of Hong Kong (f).
- Club 420 event: Wade Waddell of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida (m) and Henry Fernberger of New York, New York (m); Casey Klinger (f) and Fiona Walsh (f) (hometowns unknown).
- 29er event: Quinn and Dane Wilson of Ojai, California (m).
- Sirena SL16 event: Ravi Parent of Sarasota, Florida (m) and Sam Armington of Sarasota, Florida (m).
We wish all sailors competing smooth seas and fast winds. We’ll be covering the event live this coming July.
[Video: Icarus Sailing Media. Featured photo: ISAF]